Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Tuesday, November 1, 2011

MICKEY MOUSE NECKLACE AND ACCESSORIES!

Hi…do you remember me??  I’m sorry it has been so long!  I won’t give you all the boring details, I’ll just apologize…again.  I’m sorry!

 

This is one of the crafts I  have had done for a  few months, but haven’t gotten posted…until now!

Several months ago I saw this idea on A CREATIVE PRINCESS,and she gives you a fantastic play by play on how to make them (so I’m not going to reinvent the wheel here, go check her blog out…it’s awesome!).

Since we were planning a trip to Disneyland (which, sadly has to be postponed), I thought I’d make these for my girls’ birthdays. 

mickey mouse necklaces 004

mickey mouse necklaces 006

They are so totally cute and very simple to do!  I used the ‘bottle cap’ style, because it’s so cute and popular, and to be honest, I didn’t completely trust that the gel wouldn’t just run all over the place Smile .  Well, I’m happy to report that I was wrong.  I tried it on the bobby pins, and it totally worked!  I just kept waiting for the goo mess, but it never happened (Yay!).   Unfortunately, I couldn’t find MOD PODGE Dimensional Magic anywhere, so I just used what they had at Hobby Lobby (sorry, I couldn’t find the bottle to get a picture, but if I find it, I’ll add it to the post!).  For the Mickeys, I did just what she did, and used a paint chip from Home Depot.  I also made the matching earrings and bobby pins.  I think they turned out so  cute!  (and, yes, when we go to Disneyland, I am totally making a set for me too!!!).   I also bought bracelets with a  little bezel area at Hobby Lobby, (they were having a huge clearance on jewelry findings at the time), but I haven’t finished that one yet…it’s heart shaped, and I haven’t found the right size heart punch yet…but I’m working on it.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you try this craft…it really is so simple and very quick.  It’d be great for birthday party favors, too. 

HookingupwithHoH

I’m linking up to a fun (and always inspiring) party at HOH:

No comments:

Post a Comment