Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Countdown, Version 2

Woo-Hoo!!!  I finally finished the second “Birthday Countdown” for my kids.  The first set was a Block set (seen here).  I wanted to do something different this time, so I bought this frame at Michaels (they were BOGO free, $9.99 for one, and then they let me use my 40% off coupon, so it was around $7.50 for 2 frames!).  I just added some cute (umm, I mean, masculine and boyish!) paper inside the frame.  Since opening the frames wasn’t as easy as a regular frame (you had to pull the edges of a corner apart and snap the glass out, which, by the way, I broke one pane and had to steal from the other frame…not very user friendly!),  I decided to do all the fun stuff on the outside. Since there are 4 ‘spots’ on the frame, I did something different in each one:  In one spot,  I painted the wood letters and hot glued them onto the glass;

100_2107

for another spot, I used vinyl to put “Birthday” (the paper is really red!);100_2106

the third spot I hot glued a clothespin (to hold the picture), 100_2108

and in the final spot, I left it blank, so the birthday boy can use a dry erase marker to count down the days.

100_2109

My boys love it, and can’t wait to count down the big day.100_2105

My eldest son ‘suggested’ that I make each child their very own countdown calendar, whether block set, or frame set, he didn’t care, he just thought it would be fun for each to have their own.  Hmmmmm, maybe someday…I still need to make another ‘girly’ countdown (since my girls’ birthdays are both in December), but since I broke a glass pane and stole from the other one, I’m not sure if I want to use that one…maybe another block set? 

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment and let me know you were here!

I’m linking up to some great parties!  Go check out all the fun…

houseofhepworths

Punkin Seed Productions

1 comment: