Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Sunday, December 26, 2010

Another Birthday Girl

December 23rd was my daughter Eliana’s 8th birthday.  She was counting down the days the entire month, and asked me to make a Birthday countdown set…which I tried to get done, but with the snow (and no garage), I just couldn’t go out and sand and paint like I needed to.  (Of course, now, we are having beautiful, sunny days.).  Anyway, I’ll be making that countdown as soon as I can get out there!  In the meantime, she had a wonderful day.  She requested home made pizza pockets for lunch and potato soup for dinner.  Pretty easy, and totally yummy.  It made me feel good, because we always take our kids out to dinner on their birthday, but she chose my potato soup instead (smile, sigh, smile again!).  For her cake, she requested a Marionberry Pie (Tillamook) Mud Pie.  It is so easy, and very tasty.  If you’ve never made one, all you need is a tub of ice cream, a tub of Cool Whip, a package of Oreos and some Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup (although, I have made it with Nutter Butters for the Crust and Caramel ice cream topping instead of the Chocolate…it all depends on your favorite flavors).  Crush the oreos and put in the bottom of a 9x13 baker.  Drizzle Chocolate over that.  Spread the softened ice cream, then spread more chocolate syrup, finally top with cool whip and freeze.  I don’t even like ice cream, but I love a mud pie! We were all skeptical about her choice of Marionberry Pie to go with the chocolate, but it was amazing! 

Eliana is sweet, gentle-spirited, forgiving, quick to offer help and always offering hugs, and loves to cook and bake with me.  She looks forward to when Zoya is a bit older and the three of us can have “girl time”.     Her name is Hebrew, and means “God has answered me”, and He truly did more than answer me…He blessed me.  Happy Birthday sweet girl!

100_2046

100_2047

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

100_2048

100_2049

 

 

 

 

 

100_2050

Oh, and she LOVES to make faces…very dramatic…very much a young girl!  :)

Thanks for stopping by! 

I can’t wait to get going on some new crafts…and I can’t wait to hear from you. I love to read your comments and visit you, to see what you’ve been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment