Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WHAT IS A S’MORKIE?

s'morekies 003

S’more + Cookie = S’morkie

OK, so the kids and I were planning a ‘bonfire’ (that’s their name for our fire pit in the backyard) for tonight…and of course, there were pleas for S’mores…I knew we had a few graham crackers, no chocolate and no marshies (marshmallows).  HMMM, how could I make them on the cheap?  SHAAAZZZAAAAM!!!  Brilliance struck, as I remembered the package of Chips Ahoy cookies!  They brilliantly took care of both the cookie and the chocolate at the same time!  So, we picked up the marshies at the store and got to work on the fire.  Fast forward to the oh-so-yummy result of a “S’morkie”.  Oh my word.  GOOD.  YUMMY.  And, while not the traditional ‘S’more’, they taste wonderful, and were so easy to make!!!  YAY for chips ahoy, and for flexible kids who are willing to try something different (of course, you can’t really go wrong with Chips Ahoy, can you?).  I hope you run out and try them, too.  Smile

I’m hooking up over at House of Hepworths…go check it out!HookingupwithHoH

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so good it could be criminal! We're going to use our firepit this weekend~we'll have to give these a try!

    Thanks so much for your nice comments on my guest post at My Repurposed Life. :) I was so nervous to do that post, and so relieved when people started to comment!

    ReplyDelete