Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthdays!

Nikolai’s birthday was Monday, and he turned 13. Wow.  I can’t believe I have two teenage boys in the house (yes, we go through a lot of food!).  Nikolai is the jokester…he’s always teasing and laughing and making funny sounds and using funny voices and making funny faces, to try and get a laugh.  He is very sweet and kind with ‘the littles’ (which is what I call the youngest 3 kids).  For his birthday all he wanted an airsoft gun, so when he got to hold it, he was beside himself.  The pictures tell the story!

birthdays 003 (ohhhhhhhhhhh!)

birthdays 004(wicked laugh)

birthdays 005ummm???

birthdays 014Chocolate Chip Mint Mud Pie for his birthday cake!

Yes, there is a piece missing in this picture. He actually had a piece on his birthday, but because the freezer had been unplugged (I didn’t know), the cake never set up, so we couldn’t put the candles in…but I let him have a piece, melted ice cream and all.  So Tuesday we sang and had the cake.  Nikolai adds a lot of fun and laughter to our family.  He is such a blessing!  Happy 13th Nik!!!

Sasha turned 7 on Tuesday the 26th.  He wanted about a million different toys for his birthday, and back in March Walmart had a HUGE clearance, so I picked up quite a few toys then.  Of course, I had to get a few of the ones he actually asked for as well…He also asked for chocoloate cake (a boy after my own heart!).  Sasha is quiet and shy and loves to play with Legos and Video Games.  He is a total momma’s boy, and I love it!  However, he is now starting to be aware of what others think of this, and he will only love on me when no one is around (he doesn’t want to be teased).  But, he still whispers “I love you” in my ear!

birthdays 009His ‘new’ Game Boy (from Dima)

birthdays 011Checking out the cake Dima made him.

birthdays 019so cute!

Sasha has such a special place in my heart.  I cannot explain it, not even to myself.  I love all of my kids like a crazy woman, but this one is different somehow, like I am more protective and aware of him than anyone else.  It sounds strange, I know.  But, there’s just something about him…I tell myself it’s because he’s the only one of the 5 who has my genes (the rest have a very strong ‘Russian’ look)…Sasha actually looks a lot like my dad did when he was young, and he has the sweetest sprinkle of freckles across his nose!  Just for the record, his formal name is “Aleksandr”, but since before he was born, he was “Sasha” to me.  He only hears his formal name when he’s in trouble, and then he knows it’s bad!  Smile

Well, this is two of the crazy days from this past week.  Crazy.  Fun. Wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Tell Dima I LOVE Sasha's cake!! Awesome! :) Happy Birthday to your sweet boys. You already know how I feel about that boy #4 of yours!

    ReplyDelete