Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Friday, July 16, 2010

A wonderful trade…

100_1735

My friend Stacy who I made the altered clipboard for here in last Friday’s post, has an amazing daughter, named Lauren. She is an amazing young lady, with a heart for the Lord, and she is blessed with many talents, one of which is knitting.  I am floored by her creations!  The quality is amazing, and the colors are just yummy.  She saw her mom’s clipboard and asked if we could trade…one of her creations for one of mine.  Are you kidding???  I LOVE everything she makes…how could I choose??  W100_1736ell, I found this fabulous little Felted Bowl at her store, ( http://www.artfire.com/users/LaurensWittyKnitts)  and I just had to have it!  She made it in the color of my choice, which is a scrumptious apricot color…I.LOVE.IT. (I forgot to get a picture of the clipboard, but she requested black and hot pink…it turned out pretty neat, if I do say so myself :)

I think this little cutie will become the home to some cute buttons or other small embellishments in my craft room!  Check out her store to see the other fabulous items she makes! 

I have several projects of my own that need finishing up, but the weather hasn’t been ideal for painting (lurking around 100 degrees!), so hopefully, I can finish them up and show them off SOON!

Thanks for stopping by.  I love your comments, so please leave one and let me know you were here!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelli,
    Thanks for the comment over on my blog. I am following yours now. I really like your clipboards, how did you do yours? Do you have a Cricut? I have one but haven't used it really so I am not sure how to do much with it. Like your blog, and I may be asking you tips for mine since you seem like you have more of a handle of how to do things. Thanks again.
    Sherilan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelli...
    Thought I would give you a thrill by stopping by your blog and saying hello and becoming a "follower". I saw the comment you left on "Infarrantly Creative", so I figured I would come and "give ya some love"!! :-) I too am new to this whole blogging world (as I talk about in one of my posts), but I feel SOOOOO inadequate. I get giddy when someone actually leaves me a comment, and can hardly contain myself when I see I have a new follower. I am (slowly but surely) learning that the best thing to do to get followers and/or comments, is to start linking up to the parties. I've only done it a couple of times so far, but it DID get me up to a whopping 17 followers!!! LOL!!! I'm going to start linking up more - at least once I have things to brag about. I've only been at this a little bit longer than you have, so maybe we can encourage each other to hang in there. Shoot... I'm going to follow you now, so you'll have FOUR people following you. I certainly don't have a home like a lot of these gals seem to have (geeeezzzzz what do their husbands do????), nor does my house (or life for that matter) stay in perfect order, but I am who I am. I have gifts that the Lord has given me, and I know that there is a mansion awaiting my arrival when I pass from this world. I won't even have to do any cleaning or DIY projects - it will already be PERFECT!!! WAHOO!!!! Anyway, hope this was a bit of encouragement to you. Feel free to e-mail me if you want, otherwise I'll follow along on your blog journey - hope you'll join me in mine!!!

    ReplyDelete