Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Friday, December 16, 2011

DUAL PURPOSE WOOD BLOCKS

Remember the pile of wood I scored from Home Depot a while back (here)?  Well, I’m still using it up…I made these 2 wood blocks from the last of my stash.  The first one is light blue, with “Shepherds Saw” saying on  one side, and the other side has the “friends love” verse.  I love how it turned out with the cute little butterfly!

crafts 004

crafts 005

the other block is tan, with the Christmas tree on one side and the “As for me and my house” verse on the other.

crafts 006

crafts 007

I think these are super cute neighbor, teacher, daycare worker, friend, family (etc, etc, etc) gifts.  They are super cute and easy to make.  I literally found the wood on the floor at Home Depot, already cut into this size.  I sanded them…painted them…distressed them…then added the vinyl sayings.  To finish them off, I put ribbon around them, & tied a bow with some raffia fluff in there for good measure Smile

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Kelli--your wood blocks are really cute! Love the bow and the raffia! :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete