Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Friday, December 9, 2011

FUN CUPCAKES AND A CUTE BIRTHDAY GIRL!

Zoya turns 4 today, and wanted pink…everything pink.  So, her cake is pink and the cupcake frosting is pink, but inside (NOT SO MUCH!)…I saw these funky, multi-color cupcakes on “A Sweet Cake” (here), and wanted to try them…so I ran to Hobby Lobby and bought the food coloring (soooo worth the money, by the way!), and first thing this morning, I made the cupcakes.  I still didn’t have faith that they would turn out like the inspiration, and couldn’t wait until they were baked and I could cut one open!  Here is how they turned out:

craft show and Zoya's birthday 006Pretty in Pink (and unassuming)

craft show and Zoya's birthday 007and then, SHAZAAAM!

craft show and Zoya's birthday 008Don’t judge a book by it’s cover (or, a cupcake by it’s frosting?).

I love how they turned out!  Zoya got her pretty pink cupcakes, and everyone was shocked to see the crazy insides!  They just make me smile.  I’ll definitely be making these again!

Here’s the birthday girl:

craft show and Zoya's birthday 010I even made these corker bows, but I forgot to take a close up.  I will definitely be making more (much more affordable to make your own, plus you can match them to her wardrobe!).

craft show and Zoya's birthday 019

craft show and Zoya's birthday 020

I can’t believe she’s 4, it seems like just yesterday…Zoya is a ray of sunshine, always twirling and giggling and giving me hugs.  She is full of joy and sweetness with a bit of mischief thrown in for balance.  Although she is all girly (everything needs to be pink!), she is fearless and has more bumps and bruises than any of the other kids!  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little girl in my life. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZOYA!

1 comment:

  1. awww happy birthday Zoya! What a sweet face!
    LOVE that surprise inside the sweet unassuming pink cupcake!
    gail

    ReplyDelete