Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Book Caddy

A while back, I found this beautiful (ahemmm) little caddy at Goodwill for $2.50.    Oh yeah, it has bright teal and purple splattered paint all over, and coordinating boots on each end.  Nice.  Although I’m sure it fit into someone’s decor at some  time, it definitely did not fit into mine!  I know I saw Sarah, at Thrifty Decor Chick, redo one like this for an herb decoration here…and thought I could do it for our books.

100_1698

100_1694

So I removed the boots, lightly sanded it, and then painted it Oil Rubbed Bronze.  I wasn’t sure what I wanted to put on the sides, but today I finally bit the bullet, and this is the result…

100_1869 I used my Cricut to cut the words out of cardstock…and used Mod Podge to adhere them.

 

100_1871 This is my favorite saying, because when I read a good book,  it takes me away, and I really can imagine the impossible…like a pig that talks or a Fawn befriending a young girl…or even, a vampire that falls in love with a human (yeah, I’m one of those people who LOVE that series, and btw, I’m on TEAM EDWARD!).

 

 

 

100_1870 It holds a ton of books and is very sturdy, and now, it fits into our decor perfectly.

I’m linking up with all the creative people at these sites, go check them out and find some inspiration!!!

Get your craft on Thurs

HookingupwithHoH

 

Thanks for stopping by…please leave me a comment…I love to read them and visit you as well!     :)

4 comments:

  1. Team Edward all the way! :)

    Love your book caddy! Great idea.

    I hope you'll come participate in my link party today! It runs all week so come back and add more BOY projects! All About The Boy @ The Nifty Nest!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice thrifty find! I love what you did with it!
    gail
    stopping by to let you know I'm featuring your blog tomorrow on my regular feature Featured Followers Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute.. and a great idea to keep those books out to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks amazing!!! And thanks for your comment on my blog. Appreciate the encouragement :) Have a beautiful weekend. Janine

    ReplyDelete