Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Busy Week!

This past week went by in a flash!  My sister, whom I haven’t seen in over 2 years, came to visit on Sunday, bringing my nephew along, and I can’t even tell you how long it’s been since I’ve seen him!  100_0595 My 6 year old, Sasha, fell in love with his cousin, and was practically 100_0599 attached to him the entire time, and Ryan was so wonderful.  He spent time teaching each of the kids to skateboard, and played Legos and video games with them.  He has such a sweet spirit, and is such a good boy.  I can’t believe he’s almost 23…I still think of him as a little boy.  At one point, he wiped out on the skateboard, and got a hefty road rash on his leg…I asked if he wanted me to get some Band Aids for it…he laughed (sweetly) and said “No Thank you Aunt Kelli”.  Yeah, I still think of him as a little boy.  A little boy that I love so much!  It was such a wonderful time of catching up and having fun, and although they were here three days, it went by waaaaay too fast.   So after they left  I had one day to do nothing…yeah right :)  ….but, I had one day to prepare for our trip to Silverwood Theme Park, in Idaho.  The kids all earned free tickets, in a reading program earlier in the year.  It is not too long of a drive, about 3 hours (including stops for the kids who couldn’t wait), and a break for lunch before hitting the park.  The water park is by far, my favorite…and now that I think of it, I don’t think I got a single picture while we were in that part…bummer!  But, I got tons of pictures on the other side of the park.   The younges100_0600t two (the youngest two, who went…the baby stayed home) had a blast.  We found all these smaller rides and they just couldn’t 100_0608get enough.  There were also Bumper Boats, where you’d drive around and spray people with an onboard water sprayer.  It’s hilarious to watch…but even better, was watching my hubby use the quarter operated water guns above the Bumper Boat pond, and SOAK anyone and everyone who got within his reach.  He was like a little kid up there.  I worried that those whom he soaked would be angry (they were REALLY soaked…no mercy) when

  100_0609 they got off, but they all came over and shook his hand and laughed about it afterward.  It was fun. 

100_0622100_0616

 

 

 

 

 

100_0612100_0626It took all day Friday to recover  from that trip.  Fun, and definitely worth it!  Saturday, I started not feeling well, and still feel that something isn’t right…you know that feeling…I’m calling the DR tomorrow to find out more.  Anyway, the week went fast, and there was no time for crafts, sadly.  But, I have another new project that I will (hopefully) work on today.

Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I left a comment here yesterday, but it's not here now. Boo! I'm glad you had a good week with your family. Missed you and will call you soon. Hope you get to feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete