Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Love Lucy!

ok, I know I’ve been missing for a couple of weeks, but let me show you why:

001

011

002

Here is my new baby, “Lucy”.  She is a long haired Chihuahua,, is 9 weeks old, and reminds me of what it’s like to have a newborn (a lot of work, sleepless nights and of course, LOVE!).  We’ve had her for 9 days, and last night was the first night she didn’t cry (yay!).  She is very playful and has such a funny personality!  Everyone is totally in love with her (even my husband, who declared, before he met her, that Chihuahua’s were a ‘waste of space’, and I should get a ‘real dog’ …meaning a big dog)…but as soon as he held her, she had him!  It’s funny to see such a big, ‘manly’ man be so completely owned by this tiny little lady!  Not only is she cute, she is also hilarious!  She cracks us up all day long.  So, needless to say, crafts have been put on hold lately (although today I picked up some supplies for a project I’ve been itching to do).  Oh yeah, I  almost forgot, I did finish one project:

003

It’s a treat jar for Lucy’s doggie treats.  I just took an empty pickle jar, found some cute paper to wrap around the middle (I was too lazy busy to use Goo Gone and clean off the label).  Sadly,this paper had a random pattern (that there was no repeat of) and the jar was too wide for the paper to wrap completely around, so I was left with a little gap, which is why there is a huge flower in the middle of the jar.  Smile  On the lid, I added a circle of the same paper and put her name on it.

004Sorry for the blurry picture on that one, I don’t know what

happened…anyway, that’s what I’ve been up to.  By the way,  if anyone has some pointers on potty training (a Chihuahua), PLEASE let me know.  I’ve been reading as much as possible, but everyone seems to contradict each other.  I’d love to hear some successful tips!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment