Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn Block

Well, I seem to be a little behind everyone else in the Autumn decorating projects ( I’ve been working on Christmas ones for the Bazaar and haven’t had time!).  Today I made a Coffee Filter Wreath (pictures tomorrow, hopefully), and a cute little block.  This block was one I got from a  building site a couple of months ago.  They had a huge pile of wood out front with a FREE sign on it…so I drove by every couple of days to check it out.  This piece is damaged and I wouldn’t use it for what I’m going to sell, but for my house, it’s ok.

100_1988 Cutest little Owl paper I got at Target in the dollar section!

100_1985 A close up of the tag…

I spray painted the block (didn’t even sand it!), then applied the paper with Mod Podge.   It’s amazing, the Mod Podge made for paper actually works beautifully.  There were no bubbles or wrinkles or anything!  Who knew?  I didn’t even realize there was such a thing, till I went looking for a different product, and stumbled across it at Michaels.  Anyway, it works wonderfully!!!.  I then made a little tag and added the flowers, ribbon (and tag), and finished it off by distressing the edges of the block just a bit.  It’s small, but it looks cute next to my pumpkins and harvest scare crow.

The wreath is another story…I didn’t look up the instructions before I started…which is where I made the first mistake.  I just went ahead and glued and glued and glued.  It’s not too bad, but that’s not very comforting.  I’m a bit picky with my finished projects, and this one is not making me too happy.  I’ll play with it some more and post pictures tomorrow, good or bad.

So, tell me what you think??? Do you use scrap wood for impromptu projects?  Have you made a Coffee Filter Wreath?  Share the scoop…

Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave me a comment, I really appreciate them!!!

I’m linking up:   Get your craft on Thurs          http://www.houseofhepworths.com

JOIN THE PARTY!!! Be sure to check out all the amazing crafts, there is surely something there to inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment