Crafting keeps me sane * Baking keeps me smiling * Family keeps me happy * Faith keeps me going







Friday, September 10, 2010

Home Depot Love

My latest trip to Home Depot was AWESOME!  I went looking for (cull bin) 1 x 4s, but found something else as well!

101_1900

Oh yeah, baby…I only paid for the two pieces with green paint, so for all of this, I paid$1.02 (plus tax).   I found the 1x4s in the bottom of an empty garbage can, next to the cut station, and since everything under 12” is free, I rescued them.  They are perfect        (11 1/2”),   I’m not sure why they threw them out, but I’m happy they did.  Then, as I was walking away, I saw this huge pile of 6 x 6 (actually 5 1/2 x 5 1/2) scraps…another customer must have had a ton of wood cut up, and didn’t want these scraps.  I couldn’t believe how many there were, and even though I know the 12” rule, I felt guilty about this pile, so I went to the lumber customer service area and asked if I could have them (pretty please), just to be sure.  The nice lady said ‘absolutely’,  so I ran back to my pile and had my helper scavenge (from under the table saw) all this woody goodness.  There are 29 squares.  I left about 10 there, just in case some other crafty person would happen along.  I know, I know, I could’ve left more, but with the craft show coming up, I just saved a TON of money!  OK, as if that didn’t make my day (or week), that little ole 1 x 3 (on the left) was in the cull bin, but not marked…the cashier gave it to me for FREE.  So nice!  Now I have no excuse for sitting around…I have a bunch of projects just waiting for me!  I love you, Home Depot. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great buy. I'm really looking forward to the craft show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find... I think I'm heading to Lowe's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete